Red Menace

1:35

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of the Red Line. I'm convinced that ratchedy excuse for transit has it in for me...
  • 6:54 - 7:10 Bike to Greenbelt station
  • 7:16 - 8:19 Metro to Medical Center (via Ft T)
    • 7:35 - 7:45 wait on tracks between Brookland and Rhode Island
    • 7:46 - 7:49 wait at platform at Rhode Island
    • 7:50 - 7:53 wait on risers between Rhode Island and Union Station
    • 7:53 - 7:56 drift slowly into Union Station
  • 8:19 - 8:29 Walk to site
Surely, the Beltway never has to experience "a down track circuit."

At any rate, today was also the first time in months I've biked in the rain. It reminded me of a normal day in Glasgow: mild temperature, misty rain, soaked trousers...

And speaking of Glasgow, you should read these two blogs from up-and-coming SF writers. In my mind's ear, I can hear Gary giving his reports over a pint at Mother Hubbard's. And in my mind's eye, I can see Al at the Counting House, waving his hand-rolled cigarettes with that hungry smile. In my mind's stomach, I can still taste the Chicken Chasni at Mother India...