Oh, It's Okay for SOME People, I Guess...

I hate to whinge about Metro when so many other people do it so well, but I mean, really. The Washington Post tells us that a majority of the Metro Board have never ridden a bus?

[Metro Board Member Gladys] Mack said her schedule is too busy to rely on public transportation. "My travel, my destinations and my time frames make it very difficult for me to use the system," said Mack, who lives near the Friendship Heights Metro station and works near Howard University. "I would have to take two trains and two buses. . . . It just makes it very inconvenient for me to depend on the system on a regular basis."

Maybe she meant two trains or two buses? Metro's own planning guide gives one train + one bus from Friendship Heights to Howard University:

Traveling from FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS to HOWARD UNIVERSITY on December 03.
Itinerary #1
Rail : Departs from Board Arrive
FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS METRO STATION at 8:00am -- RED LINE towards GLENMONT METRO GALLERY PLACE CHINATOWN METRO STATION at 8:16am
Bus : Departs from Board Arrive
GALLERY PLACE CHINATOWN METRO STATION at 8:28am -- 70 Bus towards SILVER SPRING STATION NW GEORGIA AV & NW BARRY PL at 8:41am
Walk 0.28 mile E to HOWARD UNIVERSITY
Fare Total (Senior/Disabled) : $2.30 ($0.95)

And there is a "Howard University" stop on the green line, but perhaps this isn't anywhere near Howard University?

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: