It's Easy If You Try

  • 7:05 - 8:15 Greenbelt to Shady Grove (MetroRail)
  • 8:30 - 9:15 Shady Grove to Germantown (Ride-On Bus)
  • 9:15 - 9:25 Germantown to Germantown (Walk)
Yesterday was enough for me. I sat in Beltway traffic and fumed. I fumed at all the people who couldn't drive properly. I fumed at all the people who have non-functioning brake lights. I fumed at the shear mass of people trying to go from Rockville to Silver Spring. I fumed at the exhaust fumes.

It was not good for me.

So, today, I took our wee little public transportation system for a spin. If nothing else, I thought, it'll be good for my soul. And sure enough, I got in a good two and a half hours of reading. That was nice.

But two and a half hours! Imagine what it would take for the drive from Greenbelt to Germantown to be 2.5 hours. Imagine what it would be like to ride that distance without seats on the MetroRail. Imagine all the other people started telecommuting. Yeah, that's it -- Imagine there are no people.

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: