New Bike

So, the old bike was stolen. Can you believe the gall? Yes, I had already decided to buy a new bike and, yes, I left the garage door wide open for 24 hours. And, no, I didn't have it locked. Why would I lock it? It was in the garage? Besides, I was riding the Brunette's bike to work in Dulles, so I needed the lock there.

Amazingly, nothing but the bicycle was taken from our garage. We don't have a lot of things in it, but still. It's just Fate's way of telling me I was right to think of buying a new bike, I guess.

Last Thursday's Route

  • 7:20 - 7:40 Ridge to Southway to Greenbelt Road to Metzerott Road
  • 7:40 - 7:55 Metzerott to New Hampshire Avenue
  • 7:55 - 8:05 Piney Branch Road to Flower Avenue
  • 8:05 - 8:10 Flower to Wayne Avenue
  • 8:10 - 8:21 Wayne to Silver Spring Metro
At the same time, I've finally been assigned to a longer-term project. I'll be in Silver Spring for a few months, at least, so I'm excited about really being able to bike to work again. I've moved one step closer to a true road bike with a CycloCross. And I think it is zippy!

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: