Dentist Follow-up

I'm going to be quiet today because I'm teaching a class, but if you're wondering what happened with the dentist, here's a picture:

fire truck

While sitting in the waiting room reading entertainment magazines and wondering if I shouldn't just bolt, the fire alarm went off. The other two potential patients and I looked at each other and then went back to our magazines. The alarm never shut off and the receptionist eventually told us that the fire was real and they couldn't look at any patients while the alarm was ringing. So we trundled down to the parking lot, where I walked around for an hour wondering if I shouldn't just bolt.

I didn't run because I knew I'd have to tell you people that I did, and besides the next available appointment wasn't until January.

That picture really is of one of the two hook-and-ladder trucks that appeared on the scene, by the way.

So, we eventually trundled back in, and the dentist told me to stop being a big baby. She cleaned the less-painful teeth. Once the swelling goes down, I have to go back to have some spurs removed or something. I don't know. I wasn't listening. Just happy not to have to have a root canal.

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran said...

Congrats on not needing a root canal. And not burning up.

Watch out for them spurs. They can dig.

morninglight mama said...

Wow! Our dentist is in that same complex, but a man, so must be a neighbor of your dentist. :) Glad to hear that your teeth were tended to and you didn't burst into flames!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

@la: I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle.

@mlm: There are a lot of dentists in that building. My dentist was a woman, but she doesn't have her name on the door, only Dr. Wilson does.

fiona said...

You wee "arse"onist you!
The lengths some wimps will go to to avoid the chair. How did you start it? Matches? Petrol? Rubbing two sticks? LOL