Flippy Dress Ride with Lunch

Rode the 7.3 mile dancing dress ride in just under two hours. Pretty good, huh?

Yeah, yeah, pretty slow, except I stopped for lunch in the middle. I love me some Pollo Rico chicken. Yeah, I realize that means I just said "rich chicken chicken". And, yeah, I know I've already over used "yeah." I guess I'm just gonna take a new word in every post and over use it. The big front windows of our Greenbelt Pollo Rico mean that the restaurant is much too hot for visiting during the summer, but now that the heat is behind us, I can satisfy my tasty chicken sub cravings.

Yeah.

The restaurant is near the Kmart, which is where the bike rack is located. They have very few bicycle supplies, so I wasn't able to pick up the new brakes I need. I don't think you can see it in this picture, but whoever decided it was a good idea to put repeating "KKK"s on the door should probably find a new job.

Bike Rack at Kmart

I'm not sure how many people will bike to Kmart. It made me think of our days in Glasgow, when we didn't own a car. The Ikea there had lots and lots of bike racks. Not surprisingly, they were usually pretty empty. I suppose an employee or two might have used them. Yeah, I'm not sure how you bungee a flat pack to your bike.

On the other hand, the bus to Ikea was much more well-used.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

Taking your bike in Glasgow would be just asking for it to be stolen, buses on the other hand are much harder to "pinch" :-)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I did get my bike stolen in Glasgow. It was locked up to a bike rack on Great Western Road right in front of the restaurant where we were eating. They clipped the chain and nicked my bike. This was before I got the new Kryptonite lock.

I remember hoping they got confused by the brakes being on the wrong side and did a header down some big hill.

Otherwise, though, biking in Glasgow was a dream compared to DC. There were adequate bike lanes and nice bike areas in front of each major intersection. I rode my bike to work most days.