O Say Can You See

I guess there was one thing about the weekend trip down the ocean -- wait, I just have to say, gosh, I love saying that. It's even better when you pronounce "the" as "knee". I tell ya, I haven't heard so many mid-Maryland accents as I did over the weekend. Not so much my family, I think -- we have the blander suburban version of the accent -- but all the people we encountered at the beach. I don't know why I like saying that, aside from maybe it might annoy people. It's odd because I hate when I find myself turning "the" into "duh".

It's time to go back to Scotland to pick up some more lilt, I think.

(Love that fruity soda. Ha! That's a joke, there. Nevermind.)

Right, so where were we?

Someone stole our Obama magnet. It was a big round magnet, sitting on the hood of the car. Not something I'd normally get, but the Brunette (who is more politically active than I) got it from the campaign. And now it is gone. All that remains is the dirty circle:

Missing Obama Magnet

My father is denying it, but in my heart of hearts I'm hoping someone pulled it off to put on the SUV of my most conservative relative.

7 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Zombie 4 Obama said...

Now THAT'S desperation!

fiona said...

It's time to go back to Scotland to pick up some more lilt, I think. (Love that fruity soda. Ha! That's a joke, there. Nevermind.)

I'll keep posting and the Scottish accent might rub off on yeh!
Ye dinnae get "Lilt" in this god-forsaken country...Gulag California.
And it's no "fruity soda" it's fruity "juice" lol
Nae sic a thing as soda back hame!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I told you I've lost it.

I've probably even gone back to saying pants.

Pants pants pants.

Nope. That still makes me giggle.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I couldn't stomach the Lilt stuff anyway, but you can get Irn Bru here in the states, but I haven't seen Diet Irn Bru.

fiona said...

I've never seen the diet kind either.
Ye ken what I really miss though?
Lucozade!
Albertsons used to sell it but they changed to "Nae Class" Lucky and noo it's gone :-(

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Och. I miss Tunnocks Caramel Log.

Geez. I just ate lunch and now I'm hungry again.

I'd sell my cat for some Chicken Chasni from Mother India.

weirdtales said...

Ever been to Jersey and asked for directions, and gotten the reply "Don't know nuttin' 'bout 'dat?