On a Brake

13.8

My brakes have gotten on the thin side, so I rode over to Proteus today. I took the long way, down by Lake Artemesia and back up the Piney Branch Trail. If you're not comfortable riding on 193, try US 1 for a stretch and 193 will seem like a dream. (Of course, riding west on 193 is much better than riding east on 193, that's for sure.) It'd be nice if the Piney Branch Trail continued up under the Beltway to IKEA. At any rate, a good half of this trip was off-road, on-trail.

I made a stupid mistake at the bike shop pretending I knew what the heck kinda brakes I have. It's best not to be so dang over-confident. At any rate, I got away with the right brakes and ran up to Arby's for lunch. I can eat fast food if I ride 13 miles.

Speaking of Proteus, they're holding a Ride of the Living Dead on Thursday night. I don't know if we're going to be able to make it, but I decorated my bike anyway:

Boo Bike

Fancy, no?

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

Took me five minutes of serious concentration to figure out what the hang was strapped to your bike.
But! when I did, it went like this...
Whooooo (leaps back).
Now that's scary I don't care who you are.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

If you click on the picture, it gets really big and scary.

fiona said...

Yep a "click on the picture" (must be US speak for rub on the #$@^) does that every time, quite a miracle of nature actually ;)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

*blush* I have a feeling you're not from Kelvinside, are you?