Tag Team

Longtime readers might be aware that I'm not very good at these "tag memes," not so much because I don't like being tagged as because I don't like tagging other people. You might be surprised to learn that I'm painfully shy. But Fiona done tagged me, so I'm going to respond. I'm going to do it, but I'm only going to tag one person, 'cause I think he needs something to do.

Oh, and I'm going to change the rules. As the Abbot of Unreason, it's my duty to mess up all the rules. So, consider you all tagged with this new rule set. You can read the original rules here (if you can stand the painful picture) or here (where I first noticed this insanity). The changes below are highlighted for your protection.

NEW RULES

  1. Link to your tagger, me, and all the people tagged before you were tagged. (This is a chain meme).
  2. List these rules on your blog.
  3. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, four true, three false. Invite your readers to guess which are which. ("Totally bogus," as the SciAm podcast says.)
  4. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  5. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Now, isn't this exciting? The next seven items are a mix of truth and fiction. Please use the comments to guess which 4 are true and which 3 are false.

MY LIST

  1. Back in university on the day before a spring break, one of my professors accused the entire class of cheating and called us all "sewer rat vermin." He suggested that this sort of activity would have the world calling our school "SUNY East."
  2. I was a contestant on the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but I didn't make it beyond the "fast finger" round, so I didn't get to meet Chris Tarrant. It's a shame, not just because I like Chris Tarrant, but because a million pounds is a lot more than a million dollars.
  3. When I was a wee bairn of 3 months, a doctor told my mother I was dead (from a strep infection), so that means I'm more of a zombie than my neighbors. Mom freaked out and cried until he promised to go check one more time for a heartbeat. I guess he found it.
  4. The Brunette and I once slept on a block of ice. The ice was covered with furs and was shaped like a bed. It was in the ice hotel in Sweden.
  5. I chose the almost-sexist designation of "The Brunette" to refer to my wife because she's actually a blond and doesn't want people to judge her.
  6. For a small part of my childhood, my family lived in a tar-paper shack in the mountains of Tennessee. We had to use an outhouse, but there was some cold sink water that came from a pipe that ran from a waterfall in the woods to the shack.
  7. I grew up in a mobile family. I had attended 10 schools by the time I graduated from high school. And yet I now live within walking distance of a lake where my grandparents used to court.

I hereby tag every single reader of my blog! I also tag WeirdTales at The Wonder Years, WeirdTales at The Wonder Years, WeirdTales at The Wonder Years,WeirdTales at The Wonder Years, WeirdTales at The Wonder Years, WeirdTales at The Wonder Years, and WeirdTales at The Wonder Years!

PEOPLE LINKED TO SO FAR

5 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

Here goes.
1,3,4,7 TRUE
2,5,6 False
Am I right?
Do I win?
Are there prizes?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I'll answer the question in a week to give everyone a chance to try.

But there are no prizes.

fiona said...

Awwwwwwwwwww come on, a wee prize?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Weeeeeell, that would be hardly fair as there's only one contestant. So far, you're winning!

Ok. There'll be a wee prize, but only if there are ten (different) people who enter.

No guarantees on how wee the wee toaty prize will be.

fiona said...

LMAO
I need to go tout some contestants, people less smart than me...this may take a long time