That's Entertainment

chevron ad

I had planned to say something light and silly about the crazy world we live in that has companies paying for advertising to suggest you cut back on using their products (The Chevron ad says, "I will leave the car at home more"), but instead, this morning's Medium Large first confused me (it didn't make any sense at all) and then infuriated me (I followed the link provided there).

(Zombies, please don't go look.)

Lord, this makes my stomach turn. This freak organization sells materials for churches to create "Hell Houses" for Halloween. They are offering up torture and pain as entertainment. And since that's not enough, they pick out their favorite "evil" communities for special treatment. This is one of the less-offensive descriptions:

This tumultuous scene involves a volatile father and his wife and two teenage children who he verbally berates and physically abuses to the point that they walk out on him for good. The Demon Tour Guide cheers this display of the “all-American family.” This hard-hitting, domestic drama will paint the picture of many families coming through your outreach. This package comes with one special effects CD. $45 (USD)

What fun.

The scenes against homosexuality and against abortion really make me want to scream or cry, I can't decide which. It's not just a crazy world we live in; it's a wicked one.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

morninglight mama said...

Oh my Lord. That was freakin awful. 'Soaring at a Godly Altitude' is their slogan??? I have such difficulty believing that there are actual people out there espousing this kind of 'belief' system. Seriously, that's beyond belief.

what the?! zombie said...

Seriously, that's so bad I thought it had to be a joke.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

z: See see see? And you went to see that movie. I don't need this anger.

And I told you not to go look.

mlm: I think that eagle looks hungry. i think the church in Laurel at 197 & cherry lane used to do this kind of thing, but I don't know if it was this evil.