Voting

OK, this is so dang easy. I wanted to make sure that I was indeed registered to vote. Nice to make sure, right? I'm in Maryland, so I just went to http://www.mdelections.umd.edu/voter_registration/v2/vote_prod.php and typed in my name address and birthday and got to verify that I was ready to vote and even where I was going to have to go. (Same place as always, but still...)

In Maryland, if you want to vote in this election, you have to do it before October 14th at 9:00 p.m.

Here's a video (found via My Thoughts Exactly) of a bunch of famous people telling you not to vote (plus, there's a woman taking her bra off under her shirt):

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

morninglight mama said...

Yeah! It's spreading like herpes (only for good!). :) Thanks for keeping it going!

Oh, and about that other post-- oh, the drama. The blogger says that she did not delete the comment, even though I really swear that I saw it post... so I just deleted my entire post rather than keep the whole issue going. Those with readers got to see it before it vanished. (Aren't you so lucky?! HA!)

lacochran said...

This is great! I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

morning: I was just going to say that I disagreed with your statement about respecting the president. :) I don't think the person or the office deserve our respect without reservation. The office is just a job. It's not the kingship.

lac: I actually kinda think that people who don't want to vote shouldn't vote.