Public Playgrounds in Greenbelt

I thought it would be easy to locate the playgrounds in my town using Google's satellite view, but there are just so dang many trees. I want to take pictures of slides and swings, and I'm sure there are more playgrounds than I could actually see on the satellite map.

Here's what I have so far. I'm assuming that the cooperative playgrounds can be considered public. The question marks mean I think there's a playground there, but I'm not completely sure. Do you know where the playgrounds of Greenbelt lurk?


View Playgrounds of Greenbelt in a larger map

Update: Click on the blue wavy flag to see a picture of the playground's slide.

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

morninglight mama said...

The ones on Canning Terrace, Frankfurt Drive and Ora Court are all new (in the last year, year and a half) playgrounds in the Windsor Green neighborhood. They're all fantastic! My 8 year old and 2 year old love them all-- my 1 year old simply loves mulch, so he's pretty easy to please. They were built with a combination of funds, including $ from the city of Greenbelt, so they are all open to the public. :)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Is the one at ora court marked correctly on the map or is it closer to the circle? I can't see the one on Frankfort Drive; is it near the tennis courts?

Washington Cube said...

The one over by the movie theatre complex is the only one I know. Does Greenbelt Park have one? Did you check with the Greenbelt Dept. of Recreation? 301-397-2200

National Capital Parks and Planning would have information,

and I'm betting every apartment complex in Greenbelt has them.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Cube: I didn't realize there was a playground near the movies, I'll have to check there. I don't count the apartment complexes if they're not going to allow public access to the playgrounds.