12.5

Look! I made a bobsled. Or maybe a slug.

At any rate, I got a nice ride in today. The sun is well hidden and the air was almost cool at the beginning. I was surprised to find that Lanham Severn Road has a shoulder, which is good because it's a dang busy road. I also didn't realize that there was a rollerskating rink over there. Sadly, no matter what Google tells you, Springfield/Hillmeade Road no longer crosses the tracks.

If I ever have to take the MARC train, it's nice to see there's a slightly closer (or at least easier to bike to) station than New Carrollton. From there, I could ride the train all the way to Harford County (or stop at BWI). The Camden line out of Greenbelt does neither of those things.

And isn't Seabrook a lovely name for a place? Almost Tolkeinesque, it is.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran said...

Looks like a foot with one long toenail.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Oh, now that is gross. Now, I'm picturing it's one of Agnes' toes:

http://comics.com/agnes/2009-04-27/