23.5

A little less than I told my co-workers. I forgot I left from Artemesia instead of Greenbelt, so it was only 16 miles down. I rode to my company's annual meeting in Crystal City, Virginia. It was beautiful weather for it. Still, I was the only person there in jeans. They'll get over it, I'm sure.

The bus/bike lane on 7th Street is awesome, but not enough people follow the rules there, unless a taxi counts as a bus. The place was swarming with cops, but they didn't seem interested in enforcing the law. The court house was also swarming with police. The area was blocked off when I rode through before 5, so I had to take a detour.

All-in-all, I enjoy biking in downtown DC. With the numbered and lettered streets, it's really easy to figure out where you are, and the mall and the monuments are a refreshing sight. Plus, it's not all that hilly. Well, I suppose it's all down-hill toward the river from my house to the Potomac, and I did take the metro back from the Convention Center stop.

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: