Bygones

You might remember that last week I mentioned I would probably grow bored with my Tobermory painting soon. Well, it happened more quickly than I expected, and, what's worse, the painting started looking so wretched to me that I could see it needed some major fixing.

I started thinking that it would take less time to paint a completely new version of it than to tediously noodle at this piece of junk. But I have grown so tired of looking at the scene that I cannot imagine spending another six weeks with it. So, I decided to start over on a brand new painting.

Plus, I'm going to save money by reusing the canvas:

So now you bloggy readers are the only ones who'll know that I started a seascape but never finished it.

While I waited for the yellow thing to dry, I painted a sky on a smaller canvas.

Then, I started adding some detail.

Does it look like Kansas to you?

6 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

NO!
I'm speechless!
My favorite painting GONE under yellow paint!
I'd have paid you good money for Tobermory!
Bluddy artists and their TEMPERAMENTS! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kenneth Clyne said...

Good for you, I kind of liked it (and I do think you need to spend more time in Scotland) but art reflects life, if you don't do it for yourself, why bother

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Funny I hear from my two Scottish readers on this one. I would've thought that Tobermory was a bit too touristy for your tastes. Not to mention it's west coast.

After the Kansas and yellow paintings, I'll do another Scotland painting. I have some thoughts for going further east.

I've been daydreaming about the Fringe and the book festival, but I don't have the leave after my upcoming trip to Nevada City.

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

What were the skies like when you were young?

oh, they went on forever and, you know, the skies always had little fluffy clouds...

:-)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

No, no, no. That's Arizona. This is Kansas.

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

my mistake.

I couldn't figure out how you missed a perfectly good opportunity to get a song stuck in people's heads until I realized that by making us think of little fluffy clouds, we were able to get that song stuck in our heads all on our own (even if it was Arizona....). Very sneaky.

lit-lit-lit-lit little fluffy clouds......