Did Someone Spill Popcorn?

Honestly, there were a group of women in the corner while we were at Silver Diner the other night. I don't know what they were talking about, but what I did hear was intriguing:

They were buttering the floor. It was caught on video. They buttered the kitchen floor!

I'm certain that's what they said because they kept repeating it.

5 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran said...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Floor%20Buttering

Is that what you mean?

I woulda figured it was something dirty but my mind tends to drift that way.

morninglight mama said...

Search on youtube 'butter floor,' and you get a lot of videos of guys falling on their tushes after someone has buttered their floor--hilarity, and much cursing, ensue!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

all: Oh, that's horrible. I really thought they were talking about something they'd actually seen. I also thought they'd just seen some crazy person who had a thing for buttering floors. I guess I didn't think through how a buttered floor might be used...

Mike said...

Perhaps they were discussing yet another attempt by Bertie to cure his friend's grumpiness...

AbbotOfUnreason said...

ha! as if.