I Never Saw Bruce Springsteen

Rode my bike down into DC today to watch a movie. (I need to have destinations to get up the gumption to exercise.) The buttercups are out in force along the North East Branch Trail:

I tried to stop by Union Station for the celebration of National Train Day, but it was just so dang crowded inside. I should have guessed from the bike parking alone:

By the end of the ride, the day had gotten pretty hot. Does it count as one ride if there's a two hour movie in the middle? At any rate, I enjoyed the ride except for the five people who nearly ran me over turning across my path through intersections. I have real trouble believing there's any way to make big fat me any more visible to these idiots. Of course, three of the five were talking on cell phones.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

LOL @ big fat me
Maybe you need a bell?
Just sayin...

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I think I need a steam whistle. I've always wanted a steam whistle, and it would really freak out the little families that spread out across the bike trail with their 12 dogs.