A Wet Penguin

Well, I went out for the Penguin Ride:

On my way down the other side of the big hill in the National Park, the skies let loose. OK, to be honest, they just sort of started dribbling on me, but the speed of the ride down hill meant I could feel each drop as it hit me in the face. By the time I got to Kenilworth, the rain was coming down at a steady clip. By the time I got to the wee airport, I was drenched. So I stopped for dinner at the mall and hoped for the rain to stop.

This was a mistake.

The mall was not nearly warm enough to dry my clothes and they just got colder and colder. I took my shirt off, but that didn't help it dry and so I had a hard time convincing myself to put the sopping shirt back on before I went out in the rain again to get the rest of the way home. Bleccch.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

fiona said...

I took my shirt off

In the MALL? You were all bare boobied? Darn it why do I miss all the fun stuff...

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Hate to disappoint, but I had been wearing two shirts. Pretty much my daily uniform is a colorful t-shirt or long-sleeved collarless shirt underneath an unbuttoned Oxford (or similar). I think it's standard 1980s American guy wear.