Blow Me Away

This was at William's, the new restaurant in Greenbelt.

6 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

zombies said...

Um...so what IS that?

And how is William's? They don't seem to have a website...

Bowie Mike said...

Cool product if it works better and uses less energy than others. Here is Dyson demoing the product in a YouTube video.

It is interesting to see an inventor's name and image used in the marketing of products. It gets people thinking, "oh, Dyson. He’s that guy who created cool things that work really well."

How many modern inventors are really known other than perhaps Dean Kamen. I need to end this comment before it turns into a post.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

@zombies: It dries your hands.

I liked William's a lot. We just stopped in for lunch, but the food was very good. I wouldn't call it a fancy restaurant, but it is fancier than any of the other restaurants in the area. I suppose that isn't saying a whole lot. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, which was on some sort of herb-y flat bread with three cheeses and fries in the floppy style.

@mike: I thought it worked very well. Instead of heating your hands, it blows the water off your hands into a sort of sink at the bottom. The air comes out in a fine horizontal line where the yellow is in the picture. I'd still like to have a towel, but it's better than any other drier I've used, even the monster ones at rest areas.

morninglight mama said...

I LOVE those hand dryers-- there are some in the Inner Harbor shops in Baltimore that I FORCED my husband to go see after I had used them. Too awesome. I've been wondering about Williams... kid friendly??

AbbotOfUnreason said...

@mlm: Depends on what you mean by kid friendly. They do not yet have a kids menu (though they plan to). As it happens, the Brunette took her nephew along and they gave him buttered noodles. But they put chives on the noodles so he ate them one at a time: holding each one up to examine for green, using his napkin to wipe the green off if there was any, and slurping it down. Otherwise he seemed OK. It's not quiet and candle-lit or anything. It still looks just like the old Bennigans. But it might be expensive for a full family outing.

morninglight mama said...

All good things to know, thanks! Especially with my VERY picky eater and youngest ones. Perhaps it might be a cool option for hubby and I to check out sometime on our own, when we have time away from the kids... wonder if they'll still be open in 2025...