Bragging Rights

OK, I'm only going to do this once (for this book). It's my first sale, so I hope you'll indulge me a bit if I go on about a review of my little story called "Steaming Mad."

I sent a short story out last October. It was accepted for an anthology about super heroes. This book is now available on Amazon:

My little story is only two pages of this book and I don't get any more than the $2 I earned on selling it and it is not going to be available (in all likelihood) in your local bookstore, but still it's my first sale and I'm proud. Plus, my story got mentioned in a review of the book:

A few other stories in the anthology had a "comedic" bent to them. When I first started reading "Steaming Mad", I thought something seemed a bit strange. It kept getting stranger. Then all became clear, and I wanted to groan, but the story was too cleverly delivered for that. So I just shook my head and smiled.

Aw, shucks.

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

morninglight mama said...

Huge congrats, Abbot!! Way to be published, man!

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

Oh my God, that's too awesome, congratulations!!

And to be published in a book on super heroes, that is too cool. I just ordered my copy :-)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Thank you both.

fiona said...

OMG! Well DONE that Abbot!
I'm going to get a copy ;0)