Down the Ocean

There's a reason why the Wright brothers came to the Outer Banks. The wind was pretty strong in my face as I rode up to the end of the island. Magically, it turned around and blew in my face again on the way back!

6 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Kat said...

The Outer Banks! My old stomping grounds. Where on the Banks are you? I hail from Avon, or at least I did before I moved to D.C. for college.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

We're up between Duck and Corolla. We need a big house for the eleven of us. It is dang hot.

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

I hate it when you wind up riding into the wind both ways.

Was it also uphill both ways? (in the snow? :-) )

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Oh, yeah, snow all over the place. And I had to ride barefoot. And the whole time I had to be making money for the family. And don't even get me started about kids these days and their new-fangled Segways and gettin' fed three times a day. Back in my day, get off my lawn.

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

hahha, god how have you not yet met my husband, you're both cranky old men who love cycling... do you also have a "Cranky Old Bastard" cycling jersey?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

No, I'm too fat for bike jerseys.

I like to bike, but I'm really just a tourist. I don't go very fast and I probably don't do average more than 50 miles a week. I think my colleague Martin runs farther than that.

I might have one good ride left and then I'll be off the bike for a while, what with trips to California, Colorado and Kansas coming up.