It's Not Easy Being Green

One thing I noticed on today's bike ride over to the path from Cherry Hill to University of Maryland (Paint Branch Trail) and the path back up Indian Creek was that there's a lot of water still laying about.

Much of the trail was also muddy. The riding under Route 1 is kinda scary actually.

The other thing I noticed were markers for the East Coast Greenway, which will some day be a 2500 mile traffic-free path linking East Coast cities from Maine to Florida, but for now is a mix of traffic-free paths and quieter roads.

When I got home, I went to look at the map for the Greenway in Maryland and found that it passes right in front of my house. It's sitting out there calling me. Surely it wouldn't be all that hard to take a ride up to Maine?

1 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Mike said...

Earlier in the week, my daughter’s softball events were canceled due to rain. Now they are canceled because the fields are too wet.