Price Break: Giant Mutant Chickens

I really like the chicken sub and the burrito bowl at our local Chicken Rico (near the Kmart). When I stopped in yesterday, though, I was greeted by one of the chickens personally. You have to admit, that's a bit of an uncomfortable situation: Hi, I'm just about to eat one of your comrades. Have a nice day.

Oh, but they're so tasty.

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran said...

I couldn't agree more on the creep factor. It's like the barbecue places that have the dancing happy pigs on their signs. So strange.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Calvin Trillin once proposed a book of photos of American restaurants with featured cannibalistic mascots. I thought it sounded like fun: drive across the country seeking out chickens holding fried legs and pigs chowing on bbq. He never made the book. Maybe I'll do it when I retire.

If there are any non-chains left by then.

Bowie Mike said...

I was in the neighborhood today, so I stopped in and tried the chicken sub. Good stuff. I didn't see the other chicken there, so I'm thinking that maybe I ate him.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

You must have been awfully hungry.