Waiting for a Plane Like You

Well, it's been two years, but it feels the same already. I'm doing a four week stint where I'll be spending weekdays in Topeka, KS, and weekends at home. Back in 2007, I did this for three months or so.

It's hard to say for certain, but my memory seems to think that about a third of the Sunday flights out to Kansas City were delayed last time around. And sure enough here I am waiting for a flight that's been delayed at least an hour.

One nice difference this time around is that Southwest now does numbered boarding passes so we don't have to sit on the floor hoping that the gates don't change so that our place in line isn't lost.

1 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Bowie Mike said...

I recall flying into Kansas City a few years back and seeing a field of cows on the side of the runway. You don't have to go very far outside Kansas City before you're in the country.