Surf's Up

The last wee toaty explorer used up all my white Makin's Clay. I ran over to the art store to get some more, but they didn't have any. They did have something from Crayola for kids, though. Hence, this surfer dude is a bit on the neon side.

Surfer

It doesn't help that I broke my camera. The lens keeps falling out, so I think that's part of the over-exposure in these shots.

more surfer dude

The surfer is stranded on a rock near Louisville, Colorado.

surfer on a rock

I'm afraid there's an entire mountain range between him and the sea.

mountain surfer

The Crayola material is called "Model Magic." The tag line on the bag is "Soft, Squishy Modeling Material." Squishy! It is loads easier to work with than the other stuff I've used so far. It feels a little like marshmallow, but it recombines and molds very well. The guy above dried overnight. He is lighter than the spaceman, so I might have to start embedding some weight.

No travel for a few weeks, so I'm not sure when the next one will be.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

morninglight mama said...

How I adore these!! I love that there's something on a blog that is funny and creative AND I can show my 9 year old. :)

I so wish we could be at the NDC for the closing reception of your showing, but all these darn kids are challenging to corral. Wishing you a wonderful evening!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Thanks! I won't be traveling for another week, so there'll be a short break in the little folks, but it helps me relax on these trips, so they'll be back at the end of the month.