Topeka Traveler

I'm about half-way through my Play-Doh pack. It really starts cracking pretty fast. I can't let it sit too long before installing and photographing, which is a shame because part of the deal is I want to imagine someone coming along later and smiling at the colorful sight.

Well, I guess the colors don't go away.

At any rate, meet the silent traveler. (In the UK, she's the "silent traveller.")  I doubt she looks much like Chang Yee.

A traveler

I don't think that's her train coming.

traveler with train

I wonder where she's going. It's clear where she is.

traveler on the platform at Topeka

Maybe she has big dreams. It's a big world.

sunshine on the tracks

Turns out the passenger trains come through Topeka only at 1 am (going west) and 5 am (going east). Maybe she should sit down for a spell.

topeka platform

I thought today would be the day that somebody tried to stop my little project. There were a few people in the parking lot, but nobody paid me any attention at all.

7 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

abby, the hacker chick blog said...

Oh! this one is totally cool. I love how that whole big platform is just totally empty except your play doh lady.

Ondi said...

Try modeling clay instead. It's a bit harder to work with but still comes in colors and won't crack.

Bowie Mike said...

I keep waiting for the breaking news report from CNN: Topeka train station shut down due to suspicious package. Man in Tilley hat seen fleeing the scene. Documents found nearby indicate this is part of a secret project code named ClearCase.

zombino said...

You, sir, are nuts. But I like it :)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

@abby: Exactly, the scale changes sure help heighten the isolation.

@ondi: I picked up some Makin's Clay last night. We'll see how it goes.

@bowie mike: the next one's outside the local prison -- it's not going to be about the prison, but it's right across the street. keep watching the news.

@zombino: this is more fun than the squirrels.

HereBeDragons said...

Ah. I need to meet a fellow traveler (or traveller) like this. Small and silent. Won't crowd the arm rest. But then, I've never actually taken Amtrak.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

The thing is, she forgot her cat. It would have curled up in the seat and shed all over it.