A Can of Cat

Look what I made!

It's a thing for the cat. There are three levels inside.

All of the bits (except the fasteners) came from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, probably the most interesting store in the county.

The shell of the can once contained mustard.

The mustard might explain why the cat is not excited about visiting the new house I built him. (This is as far as he'll go inside it, and I had to put cat treats in there for him to get that far.)

Or it could just be because he's a cat.

6 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran's evil twin said...

I want to come back as a well-cared for cat.

SR said...

Perhaps you could try to keep the cat out of the new accommodation, thus making it more attractive.

Highway said...

Pretty cool, Abbot! You are indeed multi-talented!

Sasha Girl said...

I love it.

Dixie Redfearn said...

Reminds me of the $200 split level dog house we bought our dog. Do you think he would put his f-ing paw in there? No way!
But on to the cat...I just found out most orange cats are male. I have my first-ever orange kitten, and he is a pistol! What is your cat's personality like?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I think that ignoring the thing did the trick. That, and putting it in the sun from the window.

@Dixie: My orange cat is called Tubby, though he has lost a lot of weight since we moved here. He's very much a social cat; he'll climb onto strangers and beg to bet petted. Like every orange cat I've ever known, he's very vocal. He's also not very bright.