The Enemy's Gate Is Down!

Since this week's WiNC was so easy (though I thought it would be impossible), here is some more general trivia.

Yesterday, we celebrated Cucumber's birthday with a laser tag picnic. I brought flags. Several people asked what the "Renaissance Faire-looking one was."

So, what do you think these two flags are? Perhaps one is more obvious than the other.

When we gathered my team around one of the blow-up obstacles, I shouted out the title of this post: "The enemy's gate is down!" Everybody looked at me like I had grown a second head. Actually, that's not true. A few just continued whatever conversation they were in. At any rate, without Googling, tell me the reference.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

HereBeDragons said...

Well, the righthand flag seems to be Scotland, but I don't know about the red and yellow one.

I did happen to google your phrase, and am sad to say that I SHOULD have known the reference, but didn't. *kicking myself*

Lori said...

ENDER'S GAME!!

(telling what the flag is would be unfair.)

Bowie Mike said...

I know the flag on the left! I think your blog has developed a west coast readership.