Where in Nevada County: Monkey Rock

Am I the only person who thinks this rock looks like a monkey face?

Yeah, I'll bet you see two people kissing, but I can't look at it without seeing a monkey.

This rock is just upstream from this bridge:


Which is near this painted rock:


So, where is this bridge in Nevada County? And for extra-special-bonus-bragging rights, what's the name of the beach closest to the monkey rock?

6 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Two people kissing? Next you're going to tell me it looks like a vase.

That's totally a monkey face. A monkey making a kissy face. I should know.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Having trouble deciding whether you are insulting yourself or your husband there.

SR said...

The bridge is at Purdon Crossing on the South Yuba River. It's a through-truss bridge - kind of unusual. The closest beach would probably be Papa's Beach, which is just downstream from Mother's. Did you ride your bike down there, Mr. Abbot?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Hard to get one past this crowd.

If I had ridden my bike down there, I still wouldn't be home yet.

Bowie Mike said...

I see a monkey that just ate a handful of peanut butter.

Outside Inn said...

I can see the monkey, fun to see Purdons :)