Minding Your Ps and, Well, Just Your Ps

For the December Photo Project, I'm uploading full-sized of all the pictures for the month. So for this 9 Dec offering, you get full-size Wee Toaty Explorers at no extra charge.


There are protestors everywhere these days. And that's a good thing. The only thing we are all born with is a voice to raise.

These little guys must be really agitated to be out in 30° weather on a grim Seattle morning.

I didn't think about placement and how it was going to be easier in this location to shoot everybody from the wrong side. Everybody has a good side for pictures and a bad side. Letters of the alphabet will usually look better from one side, though the As, Is and Os of the world are born with a natural symmetry. Damn them!


I learned an important lesson this time out: super gluing cardboard to toothpicks is not good enough. There isn't enough surface area on the toothpick to hold the cardboard. And a little breeze will rip that sign right off. I suppose it's just as well: those signs would have acted like sails if they held better and the wind was any stronger at all. Even when you don't think there's a wind, it's there, lurking.

Of course, you might really be wondering (or perhaps you've already guessed) what these little guys are protesting.



This is another in the continuing series of wee toaty explorers, a project to keep me busy while I'm on the road. A nice summary is here.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

That's funny Abbot! I love your explorers. I also learned what "toaty" means!

Coyote Rose said...

Seriously can you come to Myrtle Beach and leave one of these for me to find. I want one so badly.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

@Highway: Yep. And I never heard it without "wee" attached, which seems redundant.

@Coyote: Don't think I have any customers out that way. The closest I've gotten was Greenville.