Wee Toaty Explorers, And You Can, Too

Folks, I actually have a little advance notice of an upcoming trip, so I thought a good way to celebrate de-lurking month would be to invite you to request a character or scene for dropping wee toaty explorers on that trip.

During the week of 20 February, I'll be visiting Cary, North Carolina, which I know nothing about. I'll have an extra few hours for installation on the last day, because of the eccentricities of flight planning from mid-sized airport to small airport across the continent.

Pop down to the comments and suggest a figure or scene. Try not to make it too complicated or intricate -- I do have limited time and limited skills. You'll see from all the entries under this link the limits of my skill. My plan is to do each and every one of your suggestions.

Keep in mind that I teach a sect of software development that does not worship plans!

If you want, you can just provide an adjectival noun and I'll make up my own scene after reviewing my options for placement. Caveats, Addenda, Etc... I'm not going to do anything I find offensive, but I don't really mind offending others (as our interracial gay couple outside Bob Jones attests). I'm not going to do anything dangerous (or even requiring any athleticism), like put a lightning bolt on the top of a high-power electricity line. I'm not going to do anything that might get me arrested, like put a wee toaty explorer shaped like dynamite in the mailbox of the local police station.

On the other hand, you never know what I might convince myself it's OK to do. Likely, if I don't like your suggestion, I'll warp it somehow to meet my needs. But don't let the caveats stop you from being creative. Drop me a line, let me know what you want and you, too, will become a part of wee toaty history.

1 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

Hi Abbot!

I just looked at Cary in Wikipedia, and learned that "The League of American Bicyclists has designated Cary one of the fourteen recipients of the first Bicycle-Friendly Community awards for "providing safe accommodation and facilities for bicyclists and encouraging residents to bike for transportation and recreation".

Since you are a cyclist too, I thought maybe a bicycle theme?