Thank You For Understanding

The Brunette and I went over to the Del Oro to check out The Avengers tonight. It was packed, so we sat in the front row. A three year old brat behind me kept kicking the chair and climbing all over everything. At one point, it grabbed my head when it pulled itself up to stand, so I turned around and gave it my best You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry look.

That kept it quiet for something like 15 or 20 seconds. Then it started up again. The three year old kicked my seat pretty hard, so I turned and said, "Seriously. Stop."

I might have been a little loud.

At any rate, the whole family decided to leave, which was fine by me. But it was not really fine by the mother, I guess, because a few minutes later, she cooked up the courage to come back over and snarl sarcastically, "Thank you for understanding about three year olds." Then she stomped out.

Boy was I put in my place. Still, I got to watch the rest of the movie in peace. It's like Dr. Banner says, the secret is to always be angry.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Coyote Rose said...

Okay that mom is in the wrong. I have 2 little sisters (5 & 2) and if they were kicking the back of someone else's chair in a crowded movie theater, my mom would have a fit on them.

The fact that she didn't even make an attempt to stop the kid, just shows she's a bad parent. Its not your job to tolerate a bad 3 year old, its her job to parent the kid properly.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Coyote, Thank you for understanding. :)

Highway said...

Yeah, I agree. That mom needs some lessons in basic social etiquette, not to mention parenting skills.