This Post Needs a Title

Here's a quick round-up of signs I've enjoyed over the last two months.

We'll start in Oklahoma, where I was disturbed by the combination of the bench's designation with its patriotic colors:


In Arizona, I briefly considered whether a dead cow would tie down well on my roof-rack. It certainly wouldn't fit in my hatchback.


Over in Reno, one of those claw vending machines is filled with "string dolls." If someone gave me this Romeo doll, I think I'd see it as a threat.


You have a secret crush on someone and you wonder if that person feels the same about you. Romeo will build a bridge of love and connect your hearts together.
And maybe sew buttons in place of your eyes...

A little closer to home, over on Chicago Park Powerhouse Road, I was really stumped by this one. So, is there really a difference between loitering and fishing?


And finally, here's a sign you wouldn't have seen 20 years ago. I know how these folks feel. I used to live in a place that MapQuest gave horrible directions for...


3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

zombie across the country said...

That last one is awesome! You should submit it to the Washpost travel page...

lacochran's evil twin said...

That thread doll does look very voodoo like.

Earl Crabb said...

Great pix! The Chicago Park sign reminded me of a line uttered by comedian Steven Wright..."There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."