Moooooo ha ha

Last night was quite a show up here in the Sierra Nevada. Or is it on the Sierra Nevada? At any rate, there was a rare thunderstorm and it was a doozy. The thunder crashed and shook more strongly than the cannon-fire from the annual Pioneer Park reenactments. The lightning split the sky and lit up the house.

And all the while, in my mind I could hear Dr. Frankenstein shouting, "Life! Life! I have created Life!"

And sure enough, I looked out upon the garden and there it was.



The first thing I could see from the kitchen window were these round leaves in the old-fashioned bed. On the other end of the same bed, there is more:



Since I know nothing at all about what the heck I'm doing, I am finding one big advantage to the bed that's laid out for Square Foot Gardening.



The grids made it a lot easier to map out the location of the plantings, so I know what went where in this bed in a way that I am only hesitantly aware of in the other. So, this is corn. On the other end, we have sunflowers. Sunflowers and corn win the race to pop up first.

And I can walk down to my customer this morning, shouting, "Life! Life! I have created Life!" and they won't have a clue what I'm talking about.



This is part of a series. Go back to the start or continue on to the next part.

By the way, I'm cheating by not buying the book or reading anything but other gardeners' blog posts about Square Foot Gardening, so don't take anything I do as an example of the canon.

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: