A Room With a View: Finale

My job as an agile coach and developer sometimes allows me to hack from my house in Nevada City, but also requires me to travel to customers a lot of the year. In some ways, that really is as exciting as I thought it would be when I was 7: I get to eat different foods than are available at restaurants here, I get to visit different climates, I get to visit exotic locations.

Like Norman, Oklahoma.

See, the thing is, the vast majority of my customers are not in Hawaii or New York City. They're in the "real America". (This year, I didn't get a foreign gig at all.) And even those that are in interesting places are generally located somewhere in a tech park and so the view from my room is not as exciting as one would like.

To help everyone understand that, I decided to try a project where I took a picture from every hotel room I stayed in from 20 October 2011 to 20 October 2012. I went ahead and included both business and pleasure trips, though I did forget to take a picture from Disney Land and on two of my business trips. Sadly, this year also included a lot more pictures from Grants, New Mexico, than I wanted to have to take: Grants is a fine place, but my mother's rapid decline caused a bunch of trips out there in the winter and spring.

It's been a year, there's no doubt about that. I'm going to keep up the Wee Toaty Explorers, but I don't think I need any more pictures of parking lots. Here's a poster I made with all the pictures on it.


There's a lot more blue sky in those pictures than I expected.

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: