Advice Sought on Seeking Fixers

I hate not knowing terminology. I have this wooden wall holding up a bit of ground near the side of my house.

Is this called a retaining wall?

I'm thinking that these bits bowing out are not a GOOD THING. What sort of craftsperson do I call to estimate fixing this? Is it a general contractor or a landscape person? Do you have any recommendations for Nevada County locals?

The comments section is open.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Bowie Mike said...

I think there is a real art to making these things right. They say that 68% of software development projects fail. I would guess the same is true for retaining walls :)

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Ah, but what percentage of retaining walls go unused?