Southeastern Colorado

After my trip to Boulder, my flight wasn't until Saturday evening, so I took a little side trip on Friday night and Saturday morning.

And I found this wee apple.


And by "little side trip", I mean I drove a few hours down to Pueblo, CO, then drove on another two hours in the morning. After I visited the apple, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive up to the airport at Denver.

The apple had a companion.


Yesterday, I promised meta. But maybe that's not the word I meant to use.


I was thinking that maybe recursive was the right word, like the Land o' Lakes packaging.


But that doesn't feel right, either. Maybe the word I'm looking for is just "weird".



This is another in the continuing series of wee toaty explorers, a project to keep me busy while I'm on the road. A nice summary is here. The whole set is available if you click on Wee Toaty Explorers.

2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Anonymous said...

Haven't really found my way 'round here so don't know whether you've mentioned--have you ever discovered whether people have noticed the wee toaty explorers afterward? and what becomes of them? and what must I do to get my hands on one?

Think I read on one page that you came up with the idea in Topeka . . . That makes 3 interesting things I know about Topeka & probably the only 3 interesting things there are to know about Topeka: The Menninger hopital is there, it's the birthplace of the toaty lads, and there was a chap living there who was part green because a tornado that hit the city drove grass under his skin.

Like what little I've read here so far. Cheers.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Another interesting thing about Topeka is that it has a giant scary cardboard cutout of John Brown fastened to a signpost downtown.

Always nice to get visitors; traffic has been light around here (of course, so have posts).

The circle of apples I left here in Cupertino disappeared one-by-one over the course of two weeks. I don't generally find out what happens to them after. I do know that remnants were still around a year after I left them in Campbell:

http://theabbotofunreason.blogspot.com/2011/05/return-to-campbell.html

And I did have this fun experience in Seattle:

http://theabbotofunreason.blogspot.com/2010/04/kidnapped.html

Sometimes I like to watch while people wander past them without noticing at all.