31 December: End Game

( last in a series called Photographic Advent, wherein I took a picture every day of the month )

The best thing about the giant chessboard on The Embarcadero in Morro Bay? That they felt they had to label it.


The cabinets on the other side store the giant pieces. The park also has a series of table-top boards.


There were dudes playing chess at every table on Sunday. I'm thinking about sitting down and laying out Settlers of Catan to see if I get any takers.

Well, it was fun taking a picture every day. It gave me a reason to walk around every day, instead of putting it off. Perhaps next year, I'll add a theme.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I can almost make out my signature in the clouds...

Highway said...

Happy New Year, Abbot!
Check.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Happy New Year to you, as well.

En Passant