Farewell, Nevada City

It's December. Time for another attempt (it's been a few years since I've tried) at photographic advent -- take a picture every day.


This was Nevada City this morning from the bridge at Sacramento Street.

I drove up to Nevada City yesterday to pick up the cat, and tonight we're safely back in Cayucos. It has been a few weeks since I sold the house behind the Outside Inn and I still haven't found a new place to live. Tomorrow, we move into a vacation rental for a month and hope that the third house I've put an offer on is more successful than the first two.

It was odd to see new furnishings in my old house. The new owners were extremely kind and watched Tubby while I had to go on a work trip immediately after settlement and then drove down here to try and make temporary arrangements, at least. I hope he didn't bully their two cats too much.

4 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

Although you are now geographically miles away, "The Abbot" has taken permanent residency in my imagination!

I hope to continue to follow your travels, as well as your companions, the "Explorers".

Best of luck to you!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Good to have you along Highway. Expecting some Wee Toaty Explorers next week.

Austin said...

Best of luck in Cayucos. Was there this fall a block away from that magnificent beach. Great choice. But I was also along the gorgeous Mendo coast as well this summer, so I could relate to your relocation dilemma. Will miss your Nevada City related posts, but also enjoyed seeing the places in your travels where I've lived and visited. In a sea of tedious, angry blogs, yours will always stand out.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Thanks, Austin. I guess I just no longer believe that even reasoned discussion changes minds; only experience and stories do.

I have at least one more trip back to the county because most of my stuff is living in an Old Barn Storage shed in Grass Valley. I brought my bike down, but forgot my shoes and helmet!