More Book Parents

I'm not keeping up very well with my commitment to find parents for all the books I read this year. Here is another table of "If this book and that book hooked up and had a kid book, it'd be..."

This book could be the offspring of Notes



&


Let's be honest, I was lazy on this one.




&


Not quite as funny as Wooster, but a quick enough read (like Smith's book). Good enough to try a second one.




&


I liked this one a little better than the first, but it has a bit of ickiness in it that made me think of The Big Sleep.




&


This one is very much a keeper. Comparing anything to Locke Lamora is high praise in my mind. This one has a bit more about music in it, which is why I lean toward de Lint. I'm not musical so I don't normally get it when books do the whole music thing, but love and belief in music comes through even to me in this and the de Lint books. Also, I was tempted to add Harry Potter to the parentage. This is a kind of Harry Potter for adults.

To be honest, I've read more good books since November than than I did in the previous 3 years combined.

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: