In Brooks Robinson's Shadow







I forgot to give them right arms.


This is another in the continuing series of wee toaty explorers, a project to keep me busy while I'm on the road. A nice summary is here. The whole set is available if you click on Wee Toaty Explorers.

3 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

Hey Abbot!
Love #5!
I remember going to a game at Memorial back in the 80s.

I wonder if the seafood restaurant, Crabby Dick's is still there?

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Hey, Highway! Memorial Stadium is the stadium I grew up on, back when the Orioles actually won games in the 70s. The new stadium (which is now over 20 years old!) is nice and all, but it feels a little like Disney's take on a baseball stadium. It's $7.75 for a Polish sausage, I found out today.

The view of downtown is lovely from the stands, though. And the Hampton Inn is just across the street from the stadium -- the last picture was from my hotel room.

Crabby Dick's used to be in Fells Point, but I think it moved out to one of the ocean towns, maybe Rehobeth.

Highway said...

$7.75 would have got you a heaping serving of crab balls :)

Baseball is not enjoyable for me anymore. For the most part, the players and the owners have ruined it. But Robinson was one of the best. More "modern" era players I loved to watch were Ozzie Smith, Cal Ripken, and George Bret in the infield.