Hofbrau



After yesterday's fun with service, today it seemed like a good idea to go more self-seve. Not that I was about to make my own food, of course. Today I stopped by the Hofbrau, where you stand in line with a tray to order your sandwich. 



I got pastrami and fries. 


It's dang crowded for 3 in the afternoon, but I still got an outside table with a view of the rock. The clouds from yesterday were only brief visitors. 


There's horseradish and real mustard for fixings. I wish I could have had onions, but I guess I could have ordered a salad if I needed them. 

The pastrami sandwich was excellent.  The fries were good. I like this place, though it doesn't quite have the ambience of the pub from yesterday. 

Well, there are these lights. 








2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

Hey Abbot!
Happy New Year! I enjoyed reading your latest entries about the local scene. I hope all is well in your life, and that 2015 brings much good fortune, joy, and happiness to you.

I thought about you recently when I read an article on "Disqus" and "Wired" about pseudoanonymous commenting on line.
Take care.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Happy New Year, Highway!

I wish you joy, happiness and good fortune, too.