Where Does the Time Go?

Yesterday marked one year since I bought this house in Cayucos. I suppose it's a sign of my age that the year just flew right by. Just like that, I'm 20% through my maximum stay in one place. 


It's been quite a year, without a doubt. 

I have found very little to complain about here. Although it's a beach town, the only  time tourists really made it hard was the Fourth of July. Otherwise, the beach is always fairly empty at the end of my street. 

I've not biked as much as I thought I would, it's true.  The wind here seems to never let up. But the wind on Morro Bay isn't always bad and I've gotten to kayak a bit. The seals and otters make it a nice paddle, and I like that I can hang out in the built up harbor area or launch into the empty estuary. 

My neighbors moved at the end of last month and took their very loud dogs with them. New folks moved in yesterday and I learned that while people will apologize for their loud dogs, they'll never apologize for their kids. 

I haven't done as many improvements as I'd like--even a run down beach shack was more expensive than I expected--I replaced the shower doors with a curtain, put covers on the shed walls and made a place to put my kayak. 

All-in-all I'm pretty happy with living at an altitude of 60 feet, though it has made travel to Boulder harder on my head. It's hard to imagine finding a place after this one, but it is still early days. 

Next step is to find this year's birthday tree. Last year was late, and this year will be, too, because of travel. 

0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: