Birthday Tree 2016

Well the time just keeps zooming down the highway. Two years in Cayucos already! I moved here near my birthday, so that means I'm on my third birthday tree. 


This year, I went for lime so I can make margaritas and tequila-lime chicken burritos with my own produce. Here's the little guy: 


This was the pot that last year's tree, an olive, was living in. Don't worry; I was worried it was having trouble with the wind, so I gave it a new home:


I was pretty happy to find that the olive tree produced fruit in its first year! I didn't do anything with it, but it was still exciting. The avocado is still alive, but the sun and drought have been hard on it. It still hasn't provided any fruit. So we'll just have to wait and see on the lines. 

We are in a quarantine area, so the line tree will never leave. 


2 thoughtful messages from friendly readers:

Highway said...

Hey Abbot!
Another year? Wow! I miss seeing your blog right in front of me, like before. Stay well, my friend, and happy birthday!

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Hi, Highway! I've also been pretty bad at keeping this thing updated. Good to hear from you!