Halcon Days

It was another gorgeous day today, so I thought I'd go try the Rocky Canyon Trail in the sunshine instead of in the rain.


Unfortunately, part of the road to the quarry was missing. This is Halcon (sic) Road. The hike starts from the other side of the river and goes up hill. Driving there is still possible, but I think it would have taken another half hour to get there. So, I took a walk around on this side of the river.


This is the first year since I've moved to the Central Coast that I've seen the Salinas River actually have water in it.

There were a lot of signs around warning about Trespassing and Parking and other disreputable things a man can do in the wilderness. But I have to say, this sends a bit of a mixed message:


Still, I guess folks around here have an opinion about Good and Evil:


0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: