Poppies #2 - Final

Well, it looks like I haven't provided a painting update since April. The painting went through several iterations, but I'm now at that point where anything I do is either unnoticeable or makes the painting worse. Maybe this is the limit of how good I can get.

I like the layout of this one, but I'm really not happy with the way the texture of the canvas shows through. I don't know if I'm not putting enough paint on my brush or if my paint isn't mixed well enough. Maybe the paint isn't wet enough.

Here's what I'm talking about. Take a look at this texture:


If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here, please drop a line in the comments. It's frustrating.

Anyway, here's the finished product. This is more or less what the end of my street looked like back in March.





0 thoughtful messages from friendly readers: